2015 Wish List – Five Things On My List for Santa
- World Peace
- Seasonal Weather
- Clean Environment
- World Peace – It is probably the most difficult wish to ask for. We may have never had world peace ever since our existence. But, I still want to wish for it. As I get older, the more I worry about what is happening to the world. It’s just not people killing each other, but constantly finding reasons to go against each other. People have really forgotten brotherhood. “World Peace might be a lofty wish, but what do have to wish for more than world peace”.
2. Seasonal Weather – It is the middle of December 2015, and in Chicago we are have 60F weather and raining. It’s crazy weather as we should have snow and freezing weather at this time. Christmas is coming and there is no snow on the ground. We are reporting record high temperatures in Chicago, the high in temperatures we have not had in more than a 100 years. The only saving grace might be the rains that are keeping the moisture in place. The same in Chennai in India. They have had rains in December that they have not experienced in more than a 100 years. There is a 10K mile distance from Chicago to Chennai, but the weather that had not been seen in a 100 years is happening in both places. I really want to go back to a normal winter in Chicago; snow, very cold and very windy, and no the 60F temperature in December. I am also wishing for a more seasonal rains in Chennai.
Hey Santa! You really can’t ride your sleigh in rain, can you?
3. Opportunities - When people work they are busy. Even small jobs lay focus on one’s mind to do things, be it routine or challenging and everything in between. When at work or at school, or just having something to do, keeps a person occupied and away from idleness. Simply having the opportunity to work, study, volunteer and participate in life helps to be away from negativity, thereby helping the entire human race to be productive and positive.
Santa – Definitely you need to work on opportunities for everyone to do positive things in life.
4. Clean Environment – Cleanliness is next to godliness; the old saying. We all like a clean home, clean clothes, clean surrounding (clean mind), why not we work on a clean earth. Why not we develop a sense of belonging on earth and it is the only known place to foster human life. We will have no place to live if we destroy the good earth.
Santa – Clean and green earth should make people nice, thereby deserving of your generosity.
5. Happiness – Oh Yes! Happiness. It is really a state of mind. Perhaps Santa can’t gift happiness to people. We must make an effort to do this on our own. We can certainly start with being happy with what we have and by simply being comfortable with who we are and what we do. May be it is asking too much to do this, but we certainly can do it.
We really don’t need Santa to do this for us.